Tuesday, July 28, 2009

comic-con

Why I think 5 days of Comicon counts as a vacation is beyond me. Its sort of anti-relaxing, where you walk 20+ miles, deal with socially awkward people and are surrounded by ... your childhood, friends, and everything you think is cool.

I had a wonderful time with friends old and new, and think I did a pretty good job of pacing myself on the floor and seeing the few panels I dared to brave.

Batman Brave & the Bold was worth it to simply see the laugh out loud musical episode with Neil Patrick Harris guesting as the lyrically inclined villain.

Superhero Squad was a double shot of awesome, being thankfully funny and also starring one of my very best friends as Mole Man and Loki.

The Doctor Who panel had David Tennant. In person. And he was oh, so charming. And the new trailers for the next specials had me screaming like a little idiot.

I also had an unintentionally geeky time with celebrity run-ins, what with sharing a lunch spot with Zachary Quinto and sharing an elevator with a mortified Leonard Nimoy.

1 comment:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Wow! That's kind of amazing! I'm really sad I missed Comicon by a day or so...