Friday, May 2, 2008

playlist (annotated)


Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? She & Him
Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward provide tender surprises. The whole album is actually pretty great, but this first single played on Indie 103 stands out in my mind. I didn't want to double up on artists, but if there were two She & Him songs on here the other would be I Was Made for You.

Pork and Beans Weezer
Complete Weezer albums rarely do it for me, but the singles always hit the spot.

Handlebars
Flobots
Upon first listen I thought this was new Cake, but it was not. No harm, no foul. Enjoyable wordplay.

Love Me Dead Ludo
Fantastic simply because it includes the lyrics "You're a parasitic, psycho, filthy creature finger-bangin' my heart."

Hut Everything is Energy
This was, of all things, on Judith Light's celebrity playlist and I adore it.

Mamy Blue
Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra
Found on Rebecca Romijn's celebrity playlist. Tarantino-esque vintage gold.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Propellerheads
Propellerheads are almost synonymous with the gym.

Be Gentle With Me The Boy Least Likely To
Resurrected to the playlist thanks to Baby Mama musical montage.

Pills (Live) Sarah McLachlan & The Perishers
The new Rareties, B-Sides and Other Stuff volume was released with little fanfare. I actually found it by accident, and this was one of the few tracks I didn't have already.

Violet Hill Coldplay
I wasn't a big fan of X&Y, but I do enjoy this. They're not wallowing or rockin' out, they're doing what I like Coldplay to do: playing in the middle.

Cobrastyle Robyn
It's friggin Robyn covering the Teddybears. Hello, treadmill.

Always Be My Baby
David Cook
Guess who I'm rooting for?

How Many Licks?
Lil' Kim & Sisqó
Reunited with my ipod after a skinny femme rocked a spoken word version at karaoke last week.

No comments: